Enjoy the bright, opulent lushness of the tropical lands with this string of beautiful flowers. Each flower has a symbolic meaning and brings its own blessings of Aloha. Included are Hybiscus, Angel's Trumpet, Orchid, Heliconia, Plumeria, Bird of Paradise and Anthurium.
1. HIBISCUS - The European meaning is "delicate beauty". In Hawaiian history and tradition the hibiscus is a symbol for the old royalty and is a flower that brings great power and respect. In the Japanese language of flowers, the hibiscus means "gentle".
2. ANGEL'S TRUMPET - The Hawaiian Name of this flower, Nana-honua, means "earth gazing," since the long, white or salmon, bell shaped flowers point downwards. Datura was used by the shamans, to help them gain entrance to "other worlds of existence." This plant is poisonous but the natives in Brazil smoke the leaves for a strong narcotic affect said to relieve asthma. The Hawaiians smoked the leaves as an hallucinogenic.
3. ORCHID - The most highly coveted of ornamental plants, the delicate, exotic and graceful orchid represents love, luxury, beauty and strength. In ancient Greece, orchids were associated with virility. During the Victorian era, orchid symbolism shifted to luxury, representing rare and delicate beauty.
4. ANTHURIUM - One of the longest lasting tropical flowers, the anthurium welcomes guests with warmth and joy. With their open, heart-shaped flowers and tropical disposition, it's no wonder that anthurium have come to symbolize hospitality.
5. PLUMERIA - Symbolize natural beauty, charm, flawlessness and grace. They also represent spring and new life, and are associated with beginnings or births. Hawaiian culture saw them as symbols of aloha, or love, and of everything good in life. In China, a plumeria flower symbolizes love and portrayal of one's feelings, and Hindus see them as representing dedication and devotion.
TROPICAL FLOWERS MINI FLAG STRING. Each flag is 8" square Rayon Batik. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $21.00