VARIOUS METHODS OF USING A PENDULUM
A pendulum connects you with the energy flow of the universal “all-knowing” and operates on the principle of polarity in the same way as muscle testing and similar methods.
FOR QUESTIONS REQUIRING YES, NO, MAYBE ANSWERS
1) A pendulum can be made from anything that swings freely. You can use a ring on a string, pendant necklace or whatever is practical at the moment. Those who use pendulums for healing work often prefer using a made pendulum. Quartz is preferred by many, but others prefer heavier stones such as hematite. Our first suggestion is to try the stone that you are intuitively drawn to. If one doesn’t respond, try another. Watches, cell phones and devices with batteries may affect pendulum use, so it is best to remove before asking questions. Low water content in one’s body can affect the response of a pendulum.
2) Holding the pendulum in dominant hand, allow to swing freely over the palm of non-dominant hand. Draping the chain over the index finger, while allowing at least 4-6” of chain between index finger and body of pendulum is a method preferred by many. It is also recommended to hold hand with pendulum held slightly higher than elbow. Some prefer to hold pendulum so that it hangs a few inches above the non-dominant hand. One guide suggests that when holding pendulum properly it will feel as though ribcage is “floating”.
3) Once comfortable, ask for indications for Yes, No and Maybe. Do this by asking either mentally or verbally “Show me my “Yes”.” The pendulum may move slowly at first. Response time usually comes more quickly with practice. For some, Yes is clockwise, for some counter-clockwise, for some perpendicular or diagonal. Note the direction and ask “Show me my “No”.” We encourage asking to also be shown the indication for “Maybe”.
4) Before using pendulum it is important to determine your own correct responses for directions. Don’t assume that your directions are the same as the same as someone else’s. I have discovered that my Yes, No and Maybe indications are not always the same, so encourage checking directions before each session. Once, after a major energy reading, my directions reversed. I have also discovered that if I use a pendulum while sitting with my legs crossed my usual directions are reversed.
5) The “Yes, No, Maybe” method works best when asking questions that are about “present time” issues. It can also be held a few inches above the subject of inquiry, i.e. a crystal being considered for purchase. I have seen it used in selecting vitamins while asking “Is this the best choice for my body at this time?”. I have used it to find lost keys while asking “Are my lost keys in the _____ room?”. It is not a reliable method for questions about the future or issues that are undetermined and could change. For chakra work or “multiple choice” questions see directions below.
6) Occasionally one will find that a pendulum will not seem to respond. Many healers prefer using only intuition or methods using the same principle of polarity that allows pendulums to work, so use one only if that is your preferred method.
CREATE-YOUR-OWN OR PIE CHART METHOD
This is the method that works well with multiple choice questions.
1) Place two or more stones equidistant (we suggest at least 4”) apart. Three stones, or items will form a triangle, four square, and more a circle.
2) Hold the pendulum in the center at least ½” above the surface they’re resting on, following # 2 from method described above.
3) Ask the most specific question possible to determine answer desired. We often ask “is this the best stone for the purpose intended?” When selecting a gift, customers will often ask “Is this the stone that _____ would prefer?”
4) If pendulum seems to swing toward more than one item, separate them out and using same method, repeating the question.
5) Use this same method by creating your own “pie chart”. Divide the chart into as many sections as needed to fill in possible answers. We suggest also including “undetermined” as a possible answer. Hold the pendulum in the center lightly above surface while asking the question desiring answer to.
6) Ask the pendulum to point in the direction of correct answer. This method can be used in looking for lost items.
USING PENDULUM TO DETERMINE WHICH CHAKRAS NEED CLEARING
Chakras are affected by many factors-past events, patterns or habits, current stress, environmental factors. Your intuition may give clues because of events that are happening (or not happening) in your life as to which chakras are in need of clearing. Both of the following may be of further assistance.
1) Use pendulum following given instructions, asking “Is my ___ chakra in need of balancing?”. Follow with further questions identifying imbalance by asking if cause is physical, emotional, or spiritual.
2) While lying down hold for yourself (or have someone else hold) pendulum over area of each chakra, asking about health of each. When using this method, the indication for a healthy, open chakra, the pendulum will
generally move clockwise, swinging in a circle about the size of your open hand. Any variation may indicate a chakra out of balance.
USING PENDULUM WITH HEART CHAKRA GRID
The Heart Chakra Grid shown on Home Page holds a holographic pattern that allows using its energetic properties and can be used to assist in determining stones most appropriate for work with each chakra.
1) Print copy of the Grid
2) Allow pendulum to swing freely over center of grid while asking “Which stone is appropriate for the chakra at this time?”. Pendulum will swing toward correct answer.